Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Mother's Day

 Mother's Day was a lot of fun this year.  Brent took the boys on a secret errand earlier that week, so at breakfast I had some fun surprises.  Andrew and Coleman picked out this really pretty red begonia for me, and made me a sweet card.  Andrew, who is not our craft lover, worked for a long time and very meticulously on some sweet artwork inside.  Brent gave me a massage at a local spa, which I enjoyed very much!

 Here we are just before church.

 It was really rainy Mother's Day, so after church we grabbed Zaxby's and brought it home so we didn't have to get wet.  That night our church had a Night of Worship which was an awesome way to end Mother's Day.  Sadly, that was not the finale I had hoped for to Mother's Day.  Coleman came down with a stomach virus that night around ten o'clock.  We had planned our annual Yahoo Mother's Day lunch for Tuesday, but decided to postpone it so we didn't give any unintentional gifts to our grandmothers!  We rescheduled for yesterday and were glad to pull it off, even if it was a little late.

 After a yummy lunch, the boys gave their grandmothers their gifts.  And helped them open them. 


 Then we went out on the deck for our pictures.




And here's a funny, sweet memory I want to keep from this Mother's Day.  Part of our gifts to the grandmothers was a bottle of sunflower lotion from Bath and Body Works.  When I went to get them originally, they only had two bottles.  The next week, I went back to get the third bottle.  Andrew went with me.

 As we were walking into the mall, he was asking me what we needed to get.  I told him our list, and explained about the lotion we still needed.  He was walking behind me and said, "Hey Mommy?  I think you ought to get an extra lotion.  Because you know how Jonathan is.  He sometimes carries stuff off and loses it, and if you get an extra one, then it will be okay if he does that.  Because you never know what might happen in the future."  So smiling to myself, I agreed that that was a good idea.  We ran our other errands and then on the way into Bath and Body Works, he reminded me again about the extra lotion.  I got the lotions and we headed to pick up his brothers at preschool.

Saturday night, as he was going to bed, he asked, "So Mommy.  Where did you put that extra lotion you got?"  I told him and he smiled and told me goodnight.  The next morning it was right next to my plate, along with a beaming six year old.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

That is the sweetest story ever! Made Aunt Mer Mer cry!

Tina said...

So very sweet about the lotion!!!