Friday, April 1, 2011

No Foolin'

We love a good joke around here. So last night I told Brent I wanted to pull an April Fool's trick on the boys. This is the first year I've thought they were old enough to understand the joke. We thought for a while and finally came up with the perfect prank. Or so we thought.

We decided that Brent would pull the van out of the garage and park it on the driveway before we went to bed. Then, when he got ready to leave in the morning, he would act like someone had stolen our car. We were sure we were going to get a great reaction from Andrew and Coleman. He moved the car before bedtime and we were set.

So this morning, he told us all goodbye and gave hugs and kisses just like normal. The boys were in the living room watching tv and waiting on breakfast. Then, according to plan, Brent walked out into the garage and said, "OH NO! I think someone stole our car!" Andrew and Coleman came running, wide-eyed and bushy-haired. They got to the doorway and stopped in their tracks. Coleman said, "Oh no!"

I think Andrew bought it for about fifteen seconds. Then he said, "Wait a minute! I know where it is. It's on the driveway! Push that button and raise the door and we'll see it right there."

Brent and I were flabbergasted. Of course, the car was right there when we opened the door, and we had one yahoo who was very pleased with himself. He shook his head and said, "I knew it was there the whole time." Looks like we're going to have to get up pretty early to fool that one next year.

No comments: