Thursday, April 28, 2011

Easter Weekend - Part 2

When we got home from church, Brent herded the yahoos into a bedroom while I set out their Easter Baskets. The big deals this year were new fishing poles for Andrew and Coleman, and a big blue ball for Jon Jon.

When I was ready, here they came. I knew Andrew and Coleman would be excited and tear right into their baskets, but Jonathan surprised me. He came running in right behind them, went straight to his chair and started unloading his stash. Just like he's been doing it for years.


The big boys immediately wanted their fishing poles out and assembled, but Jonathan brought me everything in his basket and held it up for me to see.

He was very excited about his new sippy cups. He pointed to Mickey and said, "Mow Mow!" (Rhymes with Cow Cow.)



Then while lunch readied, we tried to get a sweet Eastery shot of them in their clothes. When we set Andrew and Jonathan down, Jonathan put his hands on his knees and smiled so big. But Coleman would not hurry up and sit down. So by the time Coleman was convinced to be in the pictures, the following was the best we could get.





I think next year I'm going to take my camera to church and as soon as we walk in the door ask someone to take a picture of all five of us together.

That afternoon, Brent suggested we go swimming. Since our pool is heated, it was great! This was Jonathan's first time to really enjoy the pool, and he had a blast!





That evening after supper the boys did a little casting from the deck. They did well. Brent only had to walk down to the yard to retrieve a pole one time.

Jonathan carried his box of Whoppers around until bathtime.


1 comment:

Tina said...

Love all the pics, but that last one is my fav.