Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter Weekend - Part 1

We had a fun, busy,and exhausting Easter weekend. Here are the pictures from Friday and Saturday.

The boys were out of school on Friday, so we dyed our eggs that morning. I set up the coloring stations on the bar and Andrew and Coleman hopped up there to do the eggs. Jonathan wanted to see, so I put him in his high chair and pushed him over. He was not happy that they were stirring something in cups and he was not.

So I gave him an empty plastic cup and a spoon and he was as happy as could be.

Friday night we had a tee ball game, and a sitter came for Jonathan. We got home late, got showers for the boys, and got to bed. We woke up early Saturday morning and got ready for our egg hunt at Nana and Pop-O's. The cousins, Chris and Margie, Granny and Grandaddy, and Gigi and Papack were there. It was a really fun, action packed day. Nana had a photographer friend come and make some family pictures of all of us. We cannot wait to see how they turned out!

Jonathan and Gigi with his lunch.

All the cousins had so much fun on the swings and in the bounce house. Pop-O had even set up the tent for them to play in. When we drove up, Andrew saw the tent and said, "Oh boy! They even set the tent up and everything!"

After the pictures, Papack and Granny had a nice visit in the kitchen waiting on lunch.

We had a cookout for lunch. Here are the big cousins. Nolan and Jon Jon were napping by the time everything was ready.

After his nap, Jon Jon was right back in the thick of things!

Then we sent the cousins inside so Pop-O could "hide" the eggs. This was Jonathan's first time to hunt eggs. I held his hand and when everyone took off, we started out toward the eggs. I felt like the man at the pool of Bethesda must have felt. Every time we got close to an egg, a cousin would run up and scoop it before Jonathan could get it. I finally picked him up and ran over to an undiscovered egg pile. He took his basket and knew just what to do.

It was a great day and we were all exhausted by the time we made it home. The yahoos got baths and in bed as quick as we could so we would be ready for church the next morning.

1 comment:

Tina said...

Looks like lots of fun! Did you get a haircut?