Thursday, October 29, 2009

Preschool Party

Today was Andrew's first holiday party at school. He got to dress up in his costume, and I got to go help with the party at the end of the day. Many, many thanks to Amy who kept Coleman for me to be able to go!

Two and a half years ago, when we found out that Coleman was going to be a boy, I told Brent that when they were two and three they'd be Thing 1 and Thing 2 for Halloween. I have been looking forward to this costume for a long time! Fortunately, Andrew loves it too. He has been so excited all week about wearing his Thing 2 suit and hair. I had thought he'd be Thing 1, since he's the oldest. However, he has always referred to himself as Thing 2. Here he is before school this morning.



When I got to the school, Andrew's class was outside. He was extremely easy to spot. I could not believe he still had on his hair. I figured he'd have gotten hot or tired of it around 10 and it would be inside. Wrong! The teachers made a point of telling me how he wore it all day long. He didn't take it off until he sat down to eat at the party.



getting ready for the party and lunch


Andrew's classmates included Snow White, a ladybug, Pooh and Tigger, Dorothy, and a Halloween princess.


munching on a frozen banana




After lunch we did a candy corn craft. I mean, project.






Finally, it was time for cupcakes! I didn't get a picture before he ate the face off of it.



The party was really fun. Stay tuned for more of Thing 1 and Thing 2. . .

1 comment:

Tina said...

Love his costume! How cute!!