Friday, October 23, 2009

Painting Pumpkins

A few days ago, I saw a friend's blog about painting pumpkins with her girls. Andrew and Coleman both love to paint, and so I thought this would be a great activity for them. Saturday night during the Tech game, they got to paint their pumpkins while Daddy got to watch the game uninterrupted for a little bit. You can see they both enjoyed it, and took it very seriously.



I love how focused Coleman is on getting the stem just right.



Andrew is still getting used to having his right arm available. You can see him holding it up in the air like he used to with his cast.




So this is just pitiful. I didn't take the official finished pumpkins picture that night because I wanted the pumpkins to be dry and the boys to be clean. After the pumpkins dried, I put them in Andrew's room so the boys could enjoy them. I kept meaning to make that picture, but didn't get around to it. So Brent comes to find me the other day and is holding Coleman's pumpkin. Which has rotted from the bottom where it is easy to see that it is broken. Thinking back, I remember finding both pumpkins in the hall one night, but I didn't realize Cole's was broken. By the time we found it, it was way beyond saving. So we just quietly put it in the trash.
Here is the picture of the boys with Andrew's finished, dried pumpkin. Coleman has just been told that his pumpkin broke and had to be thrown away. His face is the epitome of disgusted.


1 comment:

Tina said...

Love the pumpkins. I love watching you make all these special memories with your boys.