Thursday, July 16, 2009

3rd and 4th of July


So I am behind again in blogging. We had much trouble last week getting our pictures to download, and then we went to the lake earlier this week. I'll try to get caught up over the next few days. We have really had a lot of fun this month. Here are our few activities from the weekend of the 4th. On the 4th, we hung out around home and got more things done from our ginormous list of stuff to do. I made a few pictures of Brent and the boys doing yardwork, but that wasn't very festive, so maybe I'll post them another day. That night we cooked out and made homemade peach ice cream using my new Cuisinart freezer I got for my birthday. It worked really well and the ice cream was yummy, as you can tell from these.











Our neighborhood has a get together on the 3rd every year, but Brent and I didn't know where to find out about it, so we skipped it this year. However, around 9pm, we started hearing a familiar booming sound outside. At first, we didn't know what it could be. Then we realized it was the neighborhood fireworks display going on at the lake. We were able to sit outside on our deck and enjoy the show. I tried to get some pictures, but these were the only ones that were good enough to share. Besides, I'm sure you've all seen fireworks before. However, it was pretty neat to see them without having to leave home.





2 comments:

Tina said...

Cool! Can't wait to see what else you guys have been up to. I would also love to see pics of your new home when you have time.

StefanieJMoore said...

So I noticed on your "Quiver Countdown" that you are now 19 weeks pregnant. Should we expect to see any belly shots? Have you found out the sex yet? Should be anytime now, right? Hope the five of you are doing well!