Friday, September 28, 2012

The Proposal

One of my favorite things about homeschooling is the time I get to spend with Andrew each day.  I love that I am the one who gets to hear his funnies and his frustrations, his laughs and his cries, his jokes and his stories.  We occasionally finish school early enough to go out to lunch together.  Just the two of us.  Last Friday, we chose Chick-fil-A as our lunch spot. 

We ordered and found a table and as we were eating, the following conversation unfolded.  I am recording it here as I think there is a young lady who someday will get quite a kick out of it. 

A (with his mouth FULL of chicken):  Hey Mom!
M :  Andrew.  Finish your mouthful, then talk.

A (a moment later):  Hey Mom!  I know how I'm gonna propose!
M:  Propose?  To who?
A:  The girl I'm gonna marry!
M:  Oh really?
A:  Yeah.  See, after we've been dating a while, I'll take her to a restaurant where we both like to eat a lot.  And we'll eat and then I'll get down on one knee and ask her and PRESTO!  Done!

So dear daughter -in-law, whoever and wherever you are, please know that you are already in his thoughts and our prayers.  We can't wait to meet you!  In about thirty more years.

No comments: