Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Overheard: Edition Passing the Buck

This morning as I was getting dressed, I noticed that the house was very quiet. The kind of quiet that lets me know I should investigate immediately. So I walked across the house to find the boys. All three were sitting on Coleman's bed. Andrew was holding my Kindle and Jonathan and Coleman were watching him closely. The boys know they are not supposed to play with the Kindle without permission and adult supervision, so this was a big no-no.

I walked into the room and took the Kindle from Andrew. Then I asked him, "Andrew, who's is this?" He said, "Yours." I asked, "Are you supposed to be using it without my permission?" He said, "No ma'am. Jonathan had it and I just took it away from him."

I looked at Jonathan and he looked at me with his little face and quietly said, "Beeshoo beeshoo wookawooka is a Cu-man."

Translation: "I-don't-know-but-it-wasn't-me-it-was-Coleman."