Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Impossible

How is it possible that this little fellow who lived with us just yesterday. . .
has finished his first day of preschool?
Andrew's first day was yesterday, and it went great! He took a blueberrry muffin to his teacher with a note that said, "I'm berry glad you're my teacher!" She gave him a big hug when we arrived. Andrew decided that his loaded backpack was too heavy to carry, so I hung it up for him and while I did that he walked right in the room and started playing with the play-doh that was on the tables. I went in to get a kiss, and he said, "I'm ready to get started!"
When I got back to the car, Brent and Cole were waiting. Coleman furrowed his brow and said, "Where Andrew?!" And looked at me like I had lost my mind for leaving his brother. He seemed to understand that Andrew was going to school and that was okay, but while we were eating lunch he asked again. "Where Andrew?"
I picked up Andrew in the carpool line. We have a name tag to hang on our rearview mirror and they call him over the intercom when it's his turn. Here's a picture of him walking out to the stop sign and meeting the lady who walked him to the car.
On the way home he told me a good bit about his day. He played with a bulldozer on the playground. They ate lunch and he had cookies in his lunch! They went to music class and danced but he didn't know the songs and couldn't sing. Then he asked me to stop talking. I think he was worn out! At supper we discovered they also painted a picture, he opened his lunch by himself, and they learned about circles. He's already excited about tomorrow!

1 comment:

Tina said...

Sounds like a great first day.