Friday, August 14, 2009

Meet the Teacher

Today was Open House at Andrew's preschool. He has been very excited - HUGE understatement - all week. He will go on two days a week this year from 9 to 1. He'll get to eat lunch there and take gymnastics each day. Our first extracurricular activity! Before we left, we made a few pictures. Here is the big boy posing in the new guitar shirt he picked out yesterday.

He also got to pick out his backpack for school. I thought surely he'd choose one with trains or firetrucks, but he wanted the doggie instead. Which works well since we have the matching lunch bag already. He was so excited about taking it with us today! You can see that Coleman wanted in on the pictures too.


Had to have one made by himself also.



Here we are!



The hallway we walked in to get to class was decorated like an ocean. Really great place!

finding his hanger outside the room
The wall outside with his name on a sunshine. Made me tear up a little seeing his name on things just like I used to do for my students. And yes, I was the only one making pictures.
First timer.

Andrew with his teacher, Ms. Sharon. We've heard great things about her from a friend.


playing with some of the things in his classroom


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it! That is precious. He is growing up so much. Isn't it so odd to be entering these next phases of life? We are the parents and not the formal educators. I can tell you that I am a much better counselor now that I have a kid who is school-age. Well, I can't wait to hear all about Andrew and school! ~Shannon