Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Academy

 Way back at the beginning of the school year, I decided to do a monthly post on our progress at Archer Academy.  That went great until Christmas.  Things got really busy around here, and I never could get back to that monthly newsletter idea.  I posted our big events each month like field trips and science club, and I gave semester end co-op updates.  I guess I realized that while I'm teaching, I often forget to stop and make pictures of what we've done.  So that will be one of my goals for next year.  We had a lot of fun, and Andrew learned A LOT.  Here are pictures of some of our activities that I haven't posted yet.

Completing a book was always a big deal for Andrew.  He's very goal oriented (like his parents) and it feels great to get things checked off our list.  Here he is with one of his phonics practice workbooks.

 Math this winter introduced two column addition with and without regrouping.  To practice this in a fun way, we had a grocery store.  We saved containers for several weeks and then one fun morning, he got to organize everything and set up his very own grocery store.


 We used the store for several weeks, with each of us taking turns at being the customer and the cashier.  It was great addition practice and a lot of fun.

We made snowflakes and hung them on our windows.  They did not inspire any wintry weather however.

Jonathan loved for Andrew to read to him.

For Presidents' Day, Andrew decided to build Abe Lincoln's homeplace.  Complete with a woody and a hotrod. 
Somewhere in the winter, Coleman had pajama day at preschool.

In March, we celebrated Dr. Seuss's birthday all month long.  We did lots of fun stuff, but the cupcakes were the only things I got pictures of.

I think I've posted about our other big events previously.  We had a really fun end of Kindergarten and graduation day.  Stay tuned!

No comments: