Thursday, May 7, 2009

Converstaions with Andrew

The last few days have provided some humorous conversations with the three year old who lives here. I thought I'd share.


*Today Coach Chris wasn't able to be at soccer practice. We were talking about this on the way to the field. Andrew asked who the teller was going to be. I didn't know what he meant. I asked him, "Who's the teller?" He said, "The person who tells me what to do at soccer practice."



*This afternoon, I was helping Andrew get his shoes on. He reached up and pulled my hair. (Not in a mean way, just that I-wonder-what-will-happen-if-I-do-this way.) Here's the conversation, and you need to know that Bella is a friend at church who has long, pretty hair:


me - "Ouch Andrew! Don't pull my hair!"

A - "That's what Bella says."

me - "What does Bella say?"

A - "Don't pull my hair!"

me - "Andrew! Why do you pull Bella's hair?"

A - "Because she tells me not too."



*Last week we had a friend over for dinner. She is about five weeks away from having a baby girl. Her tummy and belly button look like she's about five weeks away too. (However, she is still TINY for a woman this close to delivery!) Here's how this conversation went, and yes, I was mortified. She was a great sport and while we were laughing she told me I must write this down. So here it is:


A - "Mrs. So-and-so, your tummy is getting big!"

MS&S - "That's because I'm going to have a baby girl and she's growing in my tummy."

A - (looking at her tummy closely and noticing the belly button bump) "And she has a nose!"

1 comment:

Tina said...

Hilarious! My favorites was the nose comment.